Another great race today, and she ran strong and fast and did very well. We are so proud of her, and I was so happy to be able to be there to see her race.
Here she is in her pack, strong and determined.
Here she is with her friends, teammates and sister, happy to have another race behind them and time together to celebrate! Loved being there to watch her race, plus a bonus of a long car ride for some sock knitting!
Yes, I am still counting my months of boot camp! I am still having fun and working hard, plus a bonus that my 18 year old has also been attending as she waits for college to begin. Very nice to have someone else wake up at 5:30 AM for a 6:00 AM class.... we must be nuts!
Here we are with one of our "fans" from the surrounding neighborhood that comes through the park to work out when we are almost done. He asked to get his picture taken with us so he could send to his family in New Deli.
For the past five years, our family has taken a road trip on my birthday. This year our trip was to Spokane to watch our 15 year old run in the Tracy Walters Cross Country Invitational with her team. Fabulous drive over there, and cast on two (yes, two) projects that will count toward my "Birthday cast-on tradition" this year.
This first cast on are socks for my 15 year old cross country runner, in the colorway we bought together in Bellingham during college orientation for my 18 year old. Also using a new brand of needles that I scored years ago on Ebay but had never used. So far, they are working well. Plus, I love the twist of this yarn - a great choice!
The second cast on are socks for my mum for Christmas. She cannot wear wool, so these are soft and cozy Alpaca with a Twist.
She says that she wears the other alpaca socks I have knitted for her all the time, and she needs new ones...so I had better get knitting!
I scored this malabrigo lace at my favorite yarn shop for 50% off during their anniversary sale. I will make the Jewel Cowl (free pattern on Ravelry). There is a beautiful sample in my favorite yarn shop, and each time I see it, I vow to knit this cowl.... I need to get beads and a crochet hook soon, so I can cast on!
As I was looking at it, while knitting on these socks, I noticed how similar the colors are....fuchsia is so lovely!
Jitteryknitter takes her daughter up to the same college where we just attended orientation. (Does this sound like the opening line of a joke, "A knitter walks into a bar...." ?) Really... they go to the same college a week after we are there, just so her daughter can check out the school and think about transferring. I am hoping they love the school so we have a better chance of getting to Knit Night on Tuesdays.... Around mid day, I get a picture and text from Jitteryknitter, "Did you leave this here?"
OMG Yes! That was my daughter's second choice (and my first choice) and we were very sad to leave it there. Then more sadness as Jitteryknitter did not bring it home for us.... she said, "..it seared my eyes right out of my head.." Um, that is the point with neon...right?
34. Sock Summit Socks ~ Laughing Rat Supernova (Hurrah!) 33. Mum's blanket ~ Knit Picks Panache ** (Hurrah!) 32. Packers' Hat ~ Cascade Superwash 31. Windy City Hat ~ mint green Laines Du Nord cashmere**
30. Sock Summit Socks ~ Apple Laine Funny Girl (Hurrah!)
29. Mum's Christmas socks ~ Knit Picks Decadence** Winter Rose
28. Central Park Hoodie ~ Knit Picks Decadence** 100% alpaca (Hurrah!) 27. Horizontal Scarf ~ unusual fibers in greens
26. Scarf ~ Mariposa (Sock Summit World's Record project)
25. Tofutsies socks ~ sea greens
24. Gator Hat ~ Mirasol Miskinavy & Cloud 9orange
23. Strawberry Hat ~ Cascade Superwash 22. Windy City Hat ~ Ella Rae silk bamboo deep purple
21. Wedding Hat ~ Jo Sharp Silkroad lake blue
20. Packers' Hat ~ Cascade Superwash
19. Scarf ~ candy cane llama hand spun
18. Scarf ~ fuzzy white & glittery purple
17. Hat ~Jo Sharp Silkroad lake blue
16. Scarf ~ Cascade Cash Vero red
15. Lusekofte Cap ~ browns in alpaca
14. Scarf ~ yellow bamboo & multi Chico
13. Scarf ~ green bamboo & flags
12. Scarf ~ cream Mirasol Miski & green flags
11. Dashed ~ blocks for blanket
10. Windy City Cap ~ purple alpaca
9. Lace-edged Cap ~ Pagewood Farms purples
8. Jitterbug socks ~ jewel blues
7. Triple-Pattern Watch Cap ~ blue & white Cascade Cloud 9 6. Lusekofte Cap ~ pink & white Cascade Cloud 9
5. Turkish Cable Hat ~ plum & black alpaca
4. Norwegian hat ~ blue & white Cascade Cloud 9 3. Sheep & Wool Hat ~ yellow & white wool
2. Peppermint Hat ~ white & pink wool
1. Peppermint Hat ~ black alpaca & pink wool
This blog started as a challenge from my daughter, H, who had started a blog a month earlier. She claimed that I could not blog about yarn for more than a few weeks, as, "what is there to say?" Well, here I am, still needing more yarn and wishing for more yarn...I've been knitting again since 2003, starting with scarves for Christmas 2003, then hats for all for Christmas 2004. I'm enjoying each day with my family, friends and all my yarn. My daughters are H and E; and my sweetie pie husband of 20+ years are at the top of my list of many blessings and a source of joy. My parents, sister & brother and their families are also at the top of my list of blessings! I haven't knit for all of them (yet) but they know I love them very much.