Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I can feel the love ~

As we wait for a Big Snow Storm to hit our area, I dig in my sock drawer for The Socks That Janis Knit For Me ~ yes, she knit them For Me ~ SHE KNIT THEM....for me.... They are exactly where I left them last season, peeking out over the beloved Jitterbugs and delightful Alpacas. I smile as I see them, green wool with purple embroidery on the sides. I think they are smiling too, as they know snow must be near and it is time to play. I put them on ~ there is the love ~ I can feel the love in every stitch, in the perfection of the heel turn, the exact perfect shaping on my foot and the cozy ribbing that hugs me. I think they are two years old now, is this our second or third winter together? They have worn well and continue to keep my feet & heart cozy warm and twinkling with the love in every stitch.
P.S. For those of you that have not met Janis, she is the amazing woman at this blog. I am so blessed that our paths crossed as Knitting Secret Pals.

No comments: