Monday, December 1, 2008

Real Sheep

I am knitting with yarn that came from a real sheep in Bend, Oregon. I know, I know, all wool must come from a real sheep ~ however, I know a bit about this particular sheep, I know the owner and spinner ~ we are practically family!!! My sister & I took spinning lessons last April at the yarn & spinning shop in Sisters, Oregon. I bought this hand spun & hand dyed yarn from the shop owner, and sheep owner, Pam. Her sheep was named Galadriel, from the Lord of the Rings. The wool is a combination of beautiful shades of peach ~ my favorite color (can you see all the shades in the picture?). Pam talked about Galadriel, and when she first came to live with their flock, and sheering her, and dying the wool and spinning it ~ how could I resist buying this yarn ...so now it lives with me, and is becoming a hat! And go to chicken news!
(can you tell who was editing this blog? Yup, rockin#13 ~ check her adventures out in Chicken News!)

No comments: