Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I could be a genius ~

I need to knit a Harry Potter scarf before November. Actually, I think I've told you that I need to knit three Harry Potter scarves before the next movie opening day. I bought great yarn for the first scarf, lovely alpaca, that my daughter says are, "the wrong colors" so I began knitting this one for me.


I cast on for a ribbed scarf, thinking that would hide the yarn carried up the side for the stripes... it looked horrid....ripped it out..... cast on double pointed needles as if it were a hat, so I wouldn't have a right and wrong side....


couldn't get double pointed needles to work for that cast on and first row.... ripped it out......then....after a stroke of genius, I cast on with two circulars like it was a sock!


No wrong side....no showing of the yarn carried up the side, as it is hidden inside...and it is soft and beautiful too....great yarn..... (I know you're thinking,"how smart is that!")

No comments: