Sunday, April 3, 2011

Second Chance Yarn ~

Funny story ~ two friends walk into a yarn shop (have you heard this one?), one says to the other, "Check out this great yarn! These colors are vibrant and happy ~ I love this yarn!" The other one says, "That is so 'you' in the overwhelming clown barf variety of colors ~ what in the world would you ever make out of that to wear?" Other one replies, "It is NOT clown barf, it is lovely... and I would buy it if I knew exactly what it should be....(sadly) as I would love anything made out of this yarn..." One month later...a mom and daughter walk into the same yarn shop, the mom is checking the sale bin, and the daughter says, "Hey mom, I've found the perfect yarn for great socks ~ would you knit me socks out of this yarn?" You guessed it....she picked the very same yarn as her mom picked out a month before.... so, it came home with us....(Lisa, I hear you groaning, across the country!!!!) Isn't it lovely? Malabrigo Silky Merino P.S. This daughter is also the one that shares my love of these orange socks, so I knit them for her for Christmas last year....

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

I think that is fabulous yarn, but then I'm know for my willingness to wear bright colors!

You are so lucky your daughter wants you to knit her socks. My daughter thinks handknit socks are dorky!