Saturday, July 2, 2011

Whoops ~

Cruising along on my Celaeno Shawl, beginning Chart B, and the directions seem to be straight forward. Nothing tricky, as I even check to be sure the "place bead" is really a separate stitch, and it is... it is a purl.... I'm knitting along while babysitting, and I have 5 stitches before the center stitch, however my directions are already at the center stitch....bad news here... so I keep going, and by the end of row 1, I have lots of stitches left over.... Perhaps row 2 of Chart B will fix the count, but no.....too many stitches from somewhere.Using the same technique that Annelie used when I messed up my Traveling Woman, I pulled out the needles while the shawl is on a flat surface, and ripped back three rows to where I wasn't messed up.Then put all the stitches back on these lovely needles....making sure to catch each one, and it wasn't difficult, and I didn't even need to breathe into a paperbag this time :)Then recounted to be sure I have the correct amount at the end of Chart A.... and I do now...so, now I need to get back on that horse that kicked me off, and knit row 1 of Chart B again....(perhaps I'll have a cup of coffee first...)

No comments: