Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Michigan knitting ~

While on a short vacation, I was able to get a little knitting done. Since it is now July, I have some birthday knitting to shift into high gear....I was knitting at the hair dresser shop while waiting for my mum to get her hair "done" and had a great visit with a gal in her 80s, while she was waiting for her appointment...
She saw that I was knitting socks, and could not believe that I knit a pair for each daughter for their birthday and another pair each for Christmas, plus usually letting them pick out their own yarn. She said in her many many many years of knitting, she knit many sweaters for her kids and grand-kids, but NEVER socks... She felt that socks are too much work when knitters know that socks are hard wearing and destined for a life of holes in the toes and holes in the heels. That is true, and all the more reason for knitting the humble sock....it is truly a labor of love for one's loved ones!  As much as I love knitting, one of the best parts of our vacation was this...
Dairy Deluxe on Woodward Avenue...the same Woodward Avenue of the Detroit Dream Cruise.  This would be our dream ice cream...the best, ever....

No comments: