Monday, August 18, 2008

Seahawks Surprise

It is rare when someone asks me to knit them a specific item. Our friend, Chris, tried on the Husky Pride hat last weekend, and asked if he could order a Seattle Seahawks hat from me...and after some pondering, he asked for the hat to be without "who who"s on the top. For those that speak the knitting language, "who who"s are little 3 inch i-cords on the top of the hat that add to the whimsy appeal. It is so wonderful to get a request ~ meaning someone WANTS my knitting ~ that I was inspired to get out right away and get this hat started! Getting the proper colors were tricky, as the Seahawks changed colors before they went to the Super Bowl, so I found something with a recent logo (Thanks to dear Jerry) to take to my wonderful knitting shop, Cultured Purls. They had the deep navy blue and electric green in Cascade Superwash, so Chris can wash this hat, if necessary. I also found a great free pattern on-line that looks very "Chris like" and so I hope it turns out perfect for him. I started it on our camping weekend and am still knitting on it! Since it is a K4 P2 K2 P2 pattern, there is a slowdown for me with all the purls.... the pay off is that it looks marvelous!!! Don't you agree?

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wowser! You sure are cranking out those hats!- Great work!-Rockin13