Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wisdom Shared

The first of my birthday weekend purchases was a great hat pattern called Braids and Nupps (2007 edition by Joan Goldstein) with a bit of Fair Isle color work in the center. The store sample was knit with beautiful wool and great colors. When I purchased the pattern, the gal at cash register asked if I knew how to do the "double~start cast~on" that provides a strong and firm edge for the hat. I did not know this cast on, and she began to show me. It did not make any sense to me, as it was based on a long tail cast on, which I have only done once ~ a long time ago. Thankfully, one of my wise friends was also watching and said she would be able to figure it out. Back in our weekend retreat, she did figure it out and allowed me to video her genius at work. Check out the video and see if you can figure out this cast on!

No comments: