Monday, September 1, 2008

Pondering Socks

The summer of 2007 was the summer of sock knitting. My knitting projects for camping weekends were beautiful socks. I finished several pair of delightful socks, including my first Jitterbugs. I finished a few pair in the winter too, but was not as productive as those long wonderful days knitting in the river. Last winter 'sale' sock yarn was a temptation, knowing that I would knit more socks this summer. I accumulated a treasure trove of amazingly beautiful and luscious sock yarn, but did not finish any socks this summer. Now it is Labor Day weekend, and my Tofutsies and Jitterbugs remain on my needles. I am pondering why the big slowdown in my sock knitting ~ perhaps because I have yet to knit a pair that I can wear with my every day shoes. Those wonderful finished socks of mine fit only in my hiking boots....which is why I am knitting the Tofutsies on size #1 needles to see if they will fit with shoes. We'll see... This picture is my treasure trove of amazing sock yarn ~ the glorious colors of Jitterbug, Lorna's Laces, Cherry Hill and Urban Gypze are stunning. I look at each and want to cast on all of them ~ so tempting are the colors and textures. Perhaps, I will work on the Tofutsies and Jitterbug tomorrow.

No comments: