Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bazaar Beads

Instead of knitting tonight (a bad tradition to begin the last two posts with "instead of knitting tonight" so I need to get back to knitting tomorrow night, OK?) I worked on finishing beading projects for our church bazaar this weekend. We did a lot of bazaar beading during our ocean weekend, but not all projects were complete. I assembled the clasps on 5 bracelets and wire wrapped one as well. P.S. We also started sewing a Halloween costume tonight!!!
An aside here: My sister-in-law, Suzie, is a Rock Star beading talent ~ her creations have done well in competitions in New York and she is very inspirational plus a patient teacher (bonus for the rest of us!). My sister is on her way to becoming a Rock Star ~ no gold ribbons in competitions yet ~but she has color sense and balance with her jewelry pieces already, and is learning as many techniques as she can find classes. I would bet she will be a Rock Star before the holidays are done, as she is getting a lot of practice for her talents. Both my daughters could be Rock Stars with some training as both have a sense of color and balance like my sister, and I think they will both continue to practice since they are so good at beading ~ plus the ladies at church ask for their creations at the bazaar!!! I am not a Rock Star, but love the sparkles and colors ~ plus I am getting pretty good at putting the clasps on!

No comments: