Sunday, January 4, 2009

Peace Fleece Problems?

Perhaps "problems" is too strong a word for my Peace Fleece, as I love knitting with Peace Fleece and I love the colors and I love love love the story behind uniting the world & creating partnerships by working together to make yarn.... all that said, these Fiber Trends clogs took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to felt.....5 times through the entire wash cycle, and then someone in the family (not sure who it might have been) put down the washing machine lid and it continued through the spin cycle - OH NO!!!!! but.....no shrinking the Peace Fleece.....nothing was changing, the slippers still had beautiful stitch definition, although they would have fit Harry Potter's pal Hagrid.... I have made one other felting project with Peace Fleece, and yes, those clogs did take a few cycles to felt... but not Forever.... I finally put more hot water (instead of the extra small load, I chose small load) and left it going a few more times (with the 5 pairs of blue jeans). Finally they are a wee bit smaller, but not the size 7 they were supposed to become..... odd...... but they are beautiful, and so very soft inside!!!!!

No comments: