Friday, January 16, 2009

Twitchy ~

My knitting chair has been empty since Monday. I have not knit since Monday and am getting a bit twitchy. On Tuesday, P wore her beautiful mohair cardigan she knit, and I had to pet it. On Wednesday, MO brought her newly knit alpaca fair isle hat to work, and I desperately wanted to cast one on immediately (except I don't have needles or yarn at work....but I keep some in my car....) as the hat is stunning with the colors and pattern - another A+ project by MO. I had trouble handing the hat back to her, as the alpaca is sooooo soft.....By Thursday, I was plagued by fantasy knitting, fantasy patterns and fantasy yarn purchases... I should cast on a fair isle hat, I should buy some alpaca, I could cast on the sweet hat Lisa made, I could figure out the tricky cast on in the Nups & Braids hat.......Friday, I came to work wearing the sample sweater from a knit shop in Michigan. MO was wearing her A+ amazing blue sweater she knit I was hopelessly and completely in a fantasy world of knitting ~ combating knitting withdrawal with all weapons and strategies..... Helpless, I asked DK if we could go to our local yarn shop...and we bought some yarn... and then I could breathe normally again..

Note: I will be knitting tomorrow. Count on it.

No comments: