Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cast On Commitment ~

I haven't knit a blanket (or afghan..I'm still not sure if there is a difference between the two terms) in several years. In fact, I'd say I knit my last adult blanket before getting married 20+ years ago. I recall fondly picking out the yarn (a lovely tan and caramel acrylic variegated/no lot number color - lordy, did we really knit with that?) with my mum, and she wanted it to be a neutral to match all things in her home... and it did.... and it still does, as it is on the back of the couch in their living room ~ as full of cables and baubles as it was back then.... my first cable project....


Now I'm stepping up a bit in the blanket category, as I've chosen a lovely grey cashmere blend. Although I'm sticking with a cable pattern, as some things do survive the test of time!
I've cast on, and will be committed to this blanket until it is done.


It helps that the JitteryKnitter (of The Beast fame) is also casting on for a blanket this week... so we will be committed together....Go team Go!!!! (we should have a team name, eh? Other than "nutters who think they will stay interested while knitting a blanket")

1 comment:

kathy b said...

With yarn that soft, I don't think you'll have trouble sticking with it !