Thursday, February 25, 2010

Learning again ~

At Sock Summit Debi and I learned to spin with a drop spindle. Then we were lucky enough to win beautiful spindles from one of the vendors on the last day of Sock Summit. I took that to be a sign that I needed to learn spinning with this beautiful tool that Karma had brought to me. So, as part of the beginning of our weekend, we went to a yarn store that also has fiber. The very same store that had the beautiful scarf display that we all wanted the same yarn...



So I had another "first" adventure and bought my first bit of fiber ~ 6 ounces of merino in a beautiful yellow with a mix of other colors. I had to read the instructions on how to weigh and mark the fiber as this was all new to me. The other fiber I'd spun at Sock Summit was packaged as small samples. I love these weekends that let us all expand and grow in our knowledge and experience.



This fiber is stunning in color and soft to work with. Check out my progress.... I'll need to learn how to ply soon!

I hope to keep practicing so I can improve with this new bit of fun!


The spindle is just a pretty as the fiber!

No comments: