Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ravelympics are near ~

Several of my favorite podcasts are talking about the Ravelympics that are coming soon. The Ravelympics are the Olympics for knitters. The idea is to cast on a challenging project during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and cast off (and finish) the project by the closing ceremonies. I've never participated in the Ravelympics or the Knitting Olympics created by the Yarn Harlot four years ago. I need to tell you that the "oops" or "whoops" sweater from a few Friday's ago is my Ravelympics project.

Does that mean that I plan to start it when the opening ceremony occurs? no...I've already begun...

Does that mean I plan to finish it by the time the closing ceremony occurs? no, are you crazy? It's a sweater for heaven's sake....
Then why am I calling it my Ravelympics project? Just so I could cast on and knit a sweater for me, guilt free, during February....

No comments: