Saturday, February 6, 2010

Secret Pal ~

At work we have a Secret Pal seven month program as part of our Wellness Program. Each of us that chooses to be part of the Secret Pal program lists likes/dislikes, hobbies, favorite colors with our name and office/department. All these information sheets go into a hat, and each of us picks our "Secret Pal" and from February to August we agree to provide a surprise, support and fun to our Secret Pal once a month. There are about 20 of us this year, and we picked names last Friday. On Tuesday I came to work to find this on my office chair - a red backpack of sorts...I was excited already, knowing that my Secret Pal had already struck!


Here is what the note said: Hey Secret Pal! Let's Get this Party Started! Am I a Husky or a Coug?? Knit me something and I'll let you know in August if I'll wear it!!! This is going to be fun.. Your Secret Pal


There is purple and yellow/gold yarn, in case my Pal is a Husky from University of Washington and crimson and grey in case my Pal is a Coug from Washington State.... Plus a book of hats, scarves and mittens..in case I need pattern inspiration.... Do I love this Pal or what? Do I love the Secret Pal program or what? Do I love getting to work and having yarn on my office chair, or what? Even if it is acrylic, it is still yarn at work.... I'm casting on a hat this weekend... which one should I start with???

No comments: