Monday, October 25, 2010

Second to last knitter ~

Just when I thought I'd be turning heels this weekend, I get a challenge from dear Jitteryknitter that I should just cast on the clapotis....just do it....so what if I couldn't figure out the first part when we had our knitting vacation last year.....so what if I'm the only knitter on earth that has not knit the clapotis (thank heavens for my dear reader who is also in this group, bless you for admitting you are in this club, too!!) so, I wound the new yarn, and packed the pattern and needles...and when we arrived at the ocean, I sat by the window seat, took inspiration from the crashing waves... and thought, "What the heck is a pfb?" Yes, after "CO 2" there is the instructions to K1 and then pfb....it must have something to do with a pretzel, as when I tried to purl in the front and back my stitch looked like a pretzel.....so....not having a reference book (shame on me) and not having a video tutorial (shame on bad Internet access at the ocean) I kept going with my pretzel increase at the end of the purl rows.... and it seems to look ok....

what do you think????

1 comment:

Torhild Reidardatter said...

I think you´re doing good. and your not the last knitter on earth not knitted this scarf- I am :-)
Can´t wait to see