Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Which Rainbow ~

Sweet friend, the JitteryKnitter, found some Lornas Laces Rainbow super wash merino roving for me to practice my spinning. Since I loved-loved-loved the Lornas Laces Rainbow yarn she was using on the lovely shawl that ended up as my Christmas gift. When she found the Rainbow roving, she also gave me the rest of the Rainbow yarn and laughed that perhaps I could spin it to look just like the yarn....


Well, in spinning class this week, our wonderful teacher helped me figure out what I was doing wrong, as I couldn't ply my singles. She said that super wash is very slippery and I needed to give my singles more twist that I'd used with other roving....so I was back in business, but not quite back to my "getting better every time" spinning self...but not too bad, really....


As it really looks like yarn, doesn't it! Can you tell which one is my spinning...or is it memorex? :)

1 comment:

Torhild said...

You are so clever!! I do not know and could not tell which one,is your rainbow.