Thursday, May 12, 2011

198 Yards and warning ~

As I mentioned, I cast on 198 Yards of Heaven while waiting with my mum in the hospital. It will match her winter coat, so that's a double bonus. The pattern was going smoothly and I thought this would be as easy as most on Ravelry have posted. Until I made it to row one, again, for the beginning of the second time through rows 1-22. I checked the pattern, I checked my knitting, I checked the chart....no way could I get row 1 to line up with the center stitch with my row 22.....I decided to cast on again, with larger needles... and while at my favorite yarn shop, Serial Knitters, I learned from one of the wonderful employees that there are problems with the written pattern, but not with the chart....gosh, I wish I could read charts.....

No comments: