Sunday, May 29, 2011

Winner ~

On Thursday there was an amazing track meet. My youngest daughter was running the mile as part of the varsity team, even though she's only in 7th grade ~ 12 years old. As she was on the last lap of her mile run, the sky opened up with sheets of rain and, at the same time she burst into a sprint of speed. A beautiful sight to see, long legs pumping and long hair flying. Soaking wet, she came up to me at the end of the race and said, "I love running in the rain, this is great!" and she had another great event that day. (this picture is from a previous meet, as the rain prevented any good pictures - she is in the blue)At the end of the meet, I asked her if she wanted to go to my favorite yarn shop, just a few blocks away, to celebrate. She gave me a big smile and said, "Yes!" and really meant it - to my big BIG surprise. So we went, both soaked and happy, and now up for another adventure. I told her she could pick out whatever she wanted and I'd knit her socks, and she checked out the Hazelknits, the Madelinetosh and the Black Trillium and then held this skein up with one word, "Winner!!!!! Winner!!!!"
She was right - this yarn is beautiful, and I couldn't have chosen a more perfect color for her. Rain City Fiber, and it is lovely!
Around the corner we were checking the sale bin, and she found some screaming orange/red, so we decided we should get that, too....More lovely yarn for our champion track star! On to district meet next Thursday, and hopefully more great races and more yarn, please!!!

1 comment:

Torhild said...

By your story she really picked out the perfect yarn. Love her choise.