Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day Gift ~

I had a feeling that I might not get a wheelbarrow full of yarn for Mother's Day....or, perhaps not a shopping cart full of roving, or some new Signature Needles.... but I thought, perhaps, if I did not get any yarnie goodness, I needed a Plan B.... Thank heavens that JitteryKnitter needed a Plan B too!
We ended up at Serial Knitters, our favorite yarn shop, and did some shopping for ourselves, as our own gift for Mother's Day - sort of a reward for making it through another year of motherhood! My gift to myself was several 1 ounce roving samples. From top to bottom: 1 merino/Tencel (lavenders); 3 BLF/Tussah silk (purple/red/yellow); 2 Polwarth (greens/blues/orange); 1 superfine merino (blue/yellow-green/berry)
Here is the first of the spinning, my youngest daughter chose the superfine merino in the wild and happy colors, and I love the colors! This is so lovely! I wish my spinning would improve faster!!!

No comments: