Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sock Summit Fleece to Foot ~

Amazing day on Sunday, where we witnessed the shearing of 3 wee sheep, and then the spinning and plying of their fleece and the knitting of their wool into socks...all by 6 teams of amazing knitters and spinners.The sheep were so cute, Gusset, Instep and Heel Flap.... Here is Clara Parkes spinning the first of the shorn fleece, and after seeing Clara in her element, I am now a big Clara Parkes fan...and I really liked her before this, and now I'm over the moon about how wonderful she is....down to earth and approachable....lovely lady!Here is the YouTube link of the shearing here and here and here. The gal that is shearing is delightful and oh, so educational as well!Here is Clara giving the first of the plyed yarn to Steph for the teams to use as a "sample" so they can begin their spinning. This was a great event!

1 comment:

Torhild said...

You must have had so much fun. I just realized that I own one of her books- the knitters book of yarn. Usefull and fun to read.
You have done som much creative knitting this summmer. I´ve been away and this is the first day I have time to catch up on all the blogs. Love your purchases. And have a great camping this weekend. I always bring too much crafting with me. Can you imagine binding off a ithem and have nothing else to start??