Wednesday, September 12, 2012

More Rabbit Holes ~

I have a great friend, the Jitteryknitter, who always finds a new and interesting rabbit hole for me to launch myself into.  For my birthday one year, she bought me lovely BFL fiber of lovely greens, just in case I needed to get serious about spinning... and I launched myself happily down that rabbit hole..... One year she surprised me with amazing Signature needles...perhaps because I was babysitting her pair and couldn't seem to find time to return them (we had bonded so well, and I really thought they were happier with me.....but I did (finally) return them..) and I have launched myself into getting...ahem...several pair since then...(how many is "several"?). One year she brought me the most beautiful silk from London, the Most Beautiful Silk EVER....and I almost weep with joy each time I knit on the shawl and feel that silk and see it making such lovely stitches.....
This year she found some fabulous yarn for me, in a super shape of a sock blank!  I have seen these, but never knit with one.  I love the colors, she said the Neon Green spoke to her...perhaps I have been choosing a lot of lime and neon lately... and the yarn is oh-so-soft!  I am excited to cast on!! This could be a great new format for yarn...does not need winding...does not get tangled.... a new rabbit hole for me!!!

No comments: