Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thin as Frog Hair ~

Something is magical about Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival.  This festival causes people to jump down rabbit holes that one would normally walk FAR around to be safe.....yet safety around rabbit holes is overrated. Really...... I thought I had already been down my Oregon rabbit hole when I first spun on the Pocket Wheel in 2010... yet it seems that this rabbit hole of spinning has many wonderful twists and turns... For those that know me, you'll know that I tend to love bright and happy colors, the more colors the better, the brighter the better.....
 Something about Oregon.....I bought natural roving.....yes, in a color I can only describe as....natural?  Truly a lovely blend of merino, alpaca and silk....and....natural in color.......(not to scare anyone, but I also bought fiber that was a white natural....yes, "absence of color white" natural.....)  And, this natural fiber spins as thin as Frog Hair..... and I have never spun this thin.... perhaps the absence of color helps me concentrate on spinning (no....can't be that.....this fiber is just "butter" and that is why it spins like this...)  Really...... it is so thin I can hardly see it in this picture!!!!

No comments: