Monday, May 19, 2014

Intarsia Time ~

Now that I know the name of our new baby, I need to get started on this project. If you were trying to guess what project it is, well, I can tell you now - it is a Christmas stocking for dear Connor. I am using two different patterns, one like my kids have and one that is similar in that traditional way.
 
I have never knit intarsia, and I admit to be a little terrified. Not the same terror as learning brioche with the brioche goddess, but a terror that goes with trying to knit a family heirloom that this baby might still have when he has babies of his own.
In other words, my Christmas stocking was knit by my grandma Agnes, an amazing knitter, and it is as beautiful and perfect as when she gave it to me before my first Christmas...many, many, many years ago..... what if Connor is about 7 years old and notices that his Christmas stocking appears to have been knitting by someone his own age?  No pressure, right?

No comments: