Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another New Year's Resolution

I started my cardigan this week. I have 4 glorious inches of ribbed cuffs for the sleeves already and the yarn is living up to its name "Decadence" (by KnitPicks) Sorry to tell you that this yarn was discontinued last year, as was their marvelous "Panache" (the cashmere blend). Sorry (again) to tell you there there are no more skeins of Decadence or Panache available from KnitPicks..... as I bought it all (on closeout) when I heard it was being discontinued - yes, I had a panic attack (with no regrets - not even one).

Anyway, the 4 glorious inches are chocolate brown (dark chocolate, not milk chocolate) and 100% alpaca - and soft, oh so soft..... my strategy is to knit until the sleeves get too warm on my lap, and then switch to the body - and when that gets to be too hot for this season of knitting, I'll switch to something else... and when the first cold snap of fall occurs ~ VOILA ~ I have an 85% completed alpaca cardigan!!! Pretty clever summer knitting, eh?

What about the New Year's Resolution? When I ordered (all) the Panache & Decadence last September, the 'deal' for me was that I'd start the cardigan in 2008.... however there were also some other pieces of that deal --- the toughest piece was that I also had to Finish (yes, capital "F" on Finish) my Fair Isle cardigan from Philosopher's Wool. Have you seen their sweaters - oh dear, they use colors in an amazing way, and Ann & Eugene are marvelous - please check them out and check out David Reidy's podcast interview (Show 65).

Here we are on Easter Sunday, counting our blessings and very proud of the first public outing of my Fair Isle - Aren't we all lovely!!! More (yarn and New Year's Resolutions) later.....

No comments: