Friday, June 27, 2008

Favorite Places to Knit

Do you have a favorite place to knit? Perhaps it isn't the place that makes it "favorite" but it is who you are with? I've just been knitting out on my back deck, and had to come inside now that the sun is sinking behind the trees. Outside is a great place for knitting, as the breeze is gentle and smells like fresh cut lawn, and our cat is right here for company. Here is one of the views as I knit on my back deck. Not what you expected?

The clothes line is new, part of our 20 year wedding anniversary and part of our 2008 Earth Day resolution. I love the clothes line. If you look closely, you can see my Race for the Cure running shirt is the first item on the line, and there are a pair of flamingoes just under it. A wonderful view, indeed.


Another very favorite place to knit is here, in the river. If you ever have the chance to knit in a river, I highly recommend it - I keep my sock yarn in a ziplock bag, and have my measuring tape & markers on a lanyard around my neck.

The humming sound of the river, the wonderful fresh smell of the water, and the refreshing feeling of having my feet in the river - and feeling the yarn and seeing the colors in the sunshine - perfect lighting - perfect location - perfect activity. Sharing this with my daughter is perfect too!

More (knitting) later, as I finished the ribbing on the cuffs and have done the first cables for the cardigan sleeves! (More on our annual Earth Day resolutions, too...now there's a story.....)

No comments: