Saturday, July 5, 2008

#1 Socks

I've mentioned that I started a pair of socks on size #1 needles. These are the first pair on such small needles, as my smallest before were size #2. Probably not much difference, other than in my head (and more stitches going around, of course). I'm using Tofutsies yarn which I'd found on Ebay awhile back, and I thought it was time to try a "Size #1 Needle Experience" so here they are. My goal is that these socks will be able to be worn in my every day shoes. My other socks have all turned out to be too snug, so they are worn with my winter boots or my camping hiking boots I wear while camping.... but I'd really like some socks for every day wearing. I'll keep you posted on my progress. The yarn is thin but seems to be working well - beautiful greens and yellows, and my Addi Lace Turbos are the perfect needle for such thin yarn and itty bitty stitches. Of course I'm using the Queen Kahuna pattern for the beginning, and I'm thinking about several pattern options for when I arrive at the cuff..... More success later! I do love the Happy Birthday bag as a knitting bag, as every day knitting feels like a birthday gift!!!!

No comments: