Monday, July 14, 2008

More Progress!

I've made great progress on the Central Park Hoodie this weekend. I've finished the ribbing on the right front, back and left front pieces that I am knitting "all in one piece"(Yes, I like short cuts and do not like seaming). When I was done with the ribbing, it came time to knit from the "A chart" and "B chart" and "C chart" for the cables. I thought of a way to make this a bit easier, so I wouldn't have to keep checking the directions. With the help of my wonderful and talented sister, I was able to create beaded knitting counters that include "A", "B" and "C" beads. I place them at the beginning and end of the chart area so it won't matter which row (even or odd) I'm on, the bead counter "A" will indicate it is time to begin an "A chart" bit of knitting. Here is a picture of the hoodie with the bead counters ~ although it is hard (impossible?) to see the "A" and "B" and "C" beads ~ trust me that they look lovely! I made them in red, yellow and blue primary colors (get it? A, B, C...... I knew you'd get it!) and the "A" have blue beads dangling, and "B" beads have red beads dangling and the "C" beads have yellow beads dangling. The double orange bead counter indicates the right front and back 'seam' and the double red bead counter indicates the back and left front 'seam'. Pretty clever and talented sisters, eh? My sister helped me with the bead layout as she is great with colors and sparkles ~ we make a great team!!!

No comments: