Sunday, March 1, 2009

Vacation acquisitions ~

As I mentioned before, I only bought 2 skeins of yarn on vacation (40% off), however, I came home with an additional 2 skeins of beautifully soft alpaca that my sister purchased in a Seattle yarn shop before we arrived at our vacation destination. She tried to knit a scarf with it while we were on vacation, but she didn't like the thinness of the yarn and the texture of the scarf fabric knit on size 13 (or 11?) needles. As I read the tag, this alpaca is 100% certified organic superfine alpaca and just 99 yards per skein called Pure Luxury ~ website: http://www.cottageindustry.net/
She asked me to knit one of my Norwegian snowflake hats for her out of this yarn ~ and I hope I have enough! The yarn is lovely and so soft! What are the chances she'll forget about it and leave me with this treasure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, pretty! I'll bet it is soft as a baby chick. I think almost 200 yards should do it for the hat. (But I will secretly hope you get to keep it.)