Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gift ideas ~

If you're thinking that this post will have some great ideas for what to get those knitters in your life for the holiday season, sorry, not this post. However, I need some gift idea help from you. Let's say I have this knitter friend who is a rock star knitter, and is one of the few friends of mine that "gets it" when it comes to knitting. What do I give her for a holiday gift?

Well, I could give her a knitting calendar... (I already did that a few years in a row)

I could give her some blocking boards, as she borrows mine - that she gave me as a gift (bad idea, as sometimes that's the excuse we use to get together, as one of us needs to borrow the blocking boards)
How about giving her another pair of rosewood needles, so I don't have to keep borrowing her only set (nope, then we would lose another one of our excuses to get together, sharing the one set of rosewood needles...we do have some great excuses to make knitting time!!!)

Hey, how about a gift certificate to a local yarn shop, with the request that I have to be with her when she spends it (whoops, I did that last year - but it did work out well for both of us...)

What about yarn or pattern books (no way would I know what to choose, except she love-love-loves yellow and orange...and 'last years' colors...)
Or, perhaps.....


Hey, great idea!!!!

No comments: