Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Spinning ~

When the preparations for the holidays wind down a little bit, it is so wonderful to take some time to relax with some spinning and knitting that is not part of a due date. I brought out my drop spindle won at the Sock Summit and spun the rest of my yellow merino that I bought 2 years ago, determined that I would learn how to spin.
I think I'm getting better at drafting, and a little better at spinning thinner one-ply. I took a spinning class this month at a great LYS and am signed up for January as well. I am still in Park & Draft mode, but am hopeful I'll get better with more practice!


I need to drag out the hat I cast on with my first plying adventure of the yellow merino, and perhaps make it into a scarf. It was too thick-n-thin for the hat...so I stopped! Now I want to use that yarn to show myself that it isn't so bad, really!!!!

No comments: