Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BFL and Tussah ~

The winner is.....blue faced leicester and tussah silk blend. These were one ounce samples from Serial Knitters, my favorite yarn shop. The samples are such a great idea for a new spinner, as it helps me practice on many different fibers without buying an entire four ounce rope.Although, some are so beautiful that I buy all the samples....for example, I bought all 3 of these......and here is the initial spinning. The purple and lime green are amazing, the purple is so deep and saturated, I love these colors! This fiber is a bit messy with the silk fibers, yet still very soft to spin. I had to adjust my drafting as it is a bit different than the superfine merino, but all is good practice for me! I can't wait to get back to this spinning!

No comments: