Saturday, June 11, 2011

Knit in Public ~

I hope you are knitting in public this weekend. This is the weekend that all knitters are supposed to show the mainstream nature of our knitting by showing the world how many of us exist. World Wide Knit in Public weekend.....So far today, I have knit in two coffee shops, plus in our library. The kids section of the library is an especially fun place to knit, as I get curious looks each time I'm knitting here, and often one of the kids, or a parent asks about my knitting. Perhaps one of those kids will ask to get a Learn to Knit book out of the library! Today I was asked by a parent what I was knitting, and she even asked to see the picture on the pattern so she could visualize the shawl....Very fun way to knit with friends!

2 comments:

sara said...

Hello there, I didn't realise it was "knit in public" week, thanks for the info.......I shall be heading out into my local town later well armed with sock yarn and dpns, I think a knit in the park is in order.

Lovely stripey malabrigo in an earlier post.

lily

me said...

sounds perfect with sock yarn and dpns, especially in the park! Bravo!!!!! It is such fun to see how curious the rest of the world is when they see knitters in public. It is a perfect way to share our love for all things knitting!