Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dear Secret Pal ~

Tuesday: I just opened this very sweet little bag that was on my desk this morning….
My phone was ringing when I walked in this morning, so the bag went off my desk as my day raced into action…. And I just came back from my 4th (or 5th?) meeting, and I saw it sitting sweetly on the floor…. So I picked it up, thinking how light it was… must be a gift card? Or a sweet poem…then noticed the bag, “Renaissance Yarns” and my heart started beating a little faster…as a FIBER gift card is really something to get a bit jazzed about……then I opened the bag and was blinded by sequins and beads and fuzzy soft mohair…and SILK…..OMG……I think I stopped breathing………..I was afraid to reach into the bag, as I was sure, SURE it was a mirage!!!!! Who in the world would give their secret pal the most luscious combination of mohair, beads, sequins and SILK???? In the softest colors that would cause the most relaxing experience for the lucky recipient…… who in the world???? How lucky am I to have the greatest Secret Pal of all times? (Extremely Lucky!!!) One with knitting savvy and amazing taste in yarn, and perfect color sense for me….How did I get so lucky??!!!
P.S. Once I started breathing again, I noticed the cute pattern for a scarf! Ooooh la la! I think I will be casting on tonight (after my night meeting!!!) Hurrah for you!! You are the Best Best Best Secret Pal, EVER!!!!!!!! Can I have you next year, and the next year??Dear Secret Pal,
I wanted you to know that since Tuesday, I have been carrying this amazing yarn home and then back again each day, just in case it might vaporize and truly be a dream…. As I look to my left, I can see the silky sparkles peeking out of the bag… I took a picture of it with my phone, and sent it to my knitting friends – and they are wondering how could I be so lucky to have such an extraordinary secret pal (I don’t know the answer to that, but I am so happy about how lucky I am). Today two of us were, again, marveling at how lovely this yarn is…. My co-worker said I could just wrap the skein around my neck to have a ready made necklace that I could view all the time…. I want you to know how much your gift is appreciated, and all the joy it has already brought me before I’ve even cast on one stitch!!!! Perhaps, if I can bear to wind it, I will cast on a project this weekend….. Again, so many many thank you’s to you – you are so fabulous!!!!!!!!

No comments: