Friday, February 24, 2012

Madrona ~

We were so lucky to be able to visit Madrona Fiber Arts again this year, for our second year in a row - that's how lucky we are! So excited to see all the creatively knitted shawls, scarves, sweaters, cowls, and just about any outer wear you can imagine was being worn by the fellow Madrona participants, including us! We also saw a few celebrities, most notable Stephanie, as she is our very favorite inspiration and a hoot. I also stood in line with Wonder Mike as I recognized his lovely voice, and told him that I loved his voice... and scared him, perhaps, and added that I listened to his podcast The Fiber Beat...and he appeared to be not so scared...I bought these lovely balls of fiber while standing next to Mike, in the same booth with the creator of my beloved Pocket Wheel.
I love these crazy colors and the price was the best deal for roving at the show! At last year's Madrona, I was still waiting for my own Pocket Wheel to be made and still seven months away from picking it up. Now I'm having such fun spinning and plying with it! Last year I was also captivated by the pattern Crow Prints shawl that I saw on a sweet lady while I was looking at yarn. She said it was an easy knit, but I'm stuck on mine... I wish I would have found her again!!

No comments: