Monday, February 6, 2012

Spinning success ~

Hurrah for spinning class this Sunday! I brought many bobbins of singles so I could practice practice and more practice on Navajo plying. Sam, my amazing teacher, was as amazing as always and I was Navajo plying like a champ as soon as I could watch what her fingers were doing. Although I had practiced quite a bit since my last lesson, I felt like my hands were awkward and not how I learned...As soon as I watched Sam, I remembered that it is a smooth movement of hands and fingers. I plyed a bobbin of Ms Gusset at class, and then plyed two more bobbins when I came home. Another wonderful class!

2 comments:

Alrischa said...

I remember practicing by n-plying a ball of acrylic 4ply baby yarn. Now I try to n-ply all the time. Bet it helps to watch someone do it first, though. Nice spinning :)

me said...

It is such fun to practice and see some improvement - yes, it helped me a lot to watch someone up close & be able to ask what their fingers, wrists and arms are all doing!!! I like the idea of practicing on acrylic yarn!! You are a genius!!