Monday, March 5, 2012

Party Time Spinning ~

After buying this lovely Potluck roving at Madrona, I could hardly wait to try to spin these colors. I wondered if the wild colors would stay wild in the spinning, or if they would be muted when mixed with the other colors. As I spun them by mixing the colors while drafting, I began to wonder what would happen if I spun one color at a time, and then plyed them with the other colors for the lovely barber pole that I love so much...turns out that mixing them during the drafting mutes the colors a bit, but still holds the bright colors and popping combinations that I love. I am already wondering how they will look in a Navajo ply.... So I'll have to try that technique of spinning one color, and then the next color on the next ball of my Potluck roving purchases. I wonder what that would look like? I do love these spinning adventures!

No comments: