Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Done and done ~

Today felt very good on the Christmas knitting front, as I cast off two projects tonight. The first was the linen stitch cowl out of Hazel Knits, one of my favorite yarns to work with, and I should really be knitting with the other skeins that I have......This cowl turned out really well and I love the look of the linen stitch. If I knit it again, I would use larger needles and perhaps add some stitches (more that the 101 that I cast on) so I could double it for wearing. The linen stitch is not as flexible and stretchy as other knits, so that is a good lesson.
 
I also cast off the Venezia Encompass. Lovely in yellow and I am happy that I added 10 stitches to that pattern as it is able to double for wearing...lessons learned previously that the Venezia is not as stretchy as the two alpaca blend Encompass cowls I have knit.
Only one, maybe two Christmas gifts left to knit..... tons of time, tons.... right?

No comments: