Sunday, December 23, 2012

Faux Knitting ~

As my youngest found this skein in my stash, she remarked that she gave it to me last year at Christmas so I could knit a flouncy scarf for her.  I had knit one in blues and greens in summer 2011 and she wore it a few times, but I thought she was no longer interested.   I was wrong!
I had to check the internet to remember how to knit with this strange tape like woven fabric, as it is not really what one would call true knitting. Very strange to just jam your needle into the woven bits, but that is what is called for. I agree with my previous jaunt that it feels like a backwards journey when I am used to such tiny needles and tiny stitch patterns..and this technique is just messy! To make it more fun for me, I used my rosewood needles ~ thankfully the skein is low yardage so the strangeness can be over soon!

No comments: