Monday, December 10, 2012

Linen Stitch Epiphany ~

At Fort Worden I thought I learned how to knit the linen stitch.  I was warned about the linen stitch.  I fell in love with the Churchmouse pattern for the linen stitch scarf.  I cast on that scarf at Fort Worden, over 300 stitches, and it took 30 minutes to knit one row. The yarn is Koigu and I love all of it.  As beautiful at the Koigu scarf looks, it does not appear to be the linen stitch pictured in the pattern. Odd...the Koigu is so beautiful...
This week, casting on the Chickadee cowl, (pictured above) and by the third round I had the Linen Stitch Epiphany.....THIS is what it looks like, THIS is the pattern, THIS is that woven look......I do have lots of Koigu to cast on another Chickadee....but I think I will keep knitting my sweet Koigu "not linen stitch" scarf.....because it is so beautiful.... 

No comments: