Sunday, July 13, 2014

Amazing Yak ~

I started to spin the yak/merino blend that I bought from Blue Moon Fiber Arts Barn Sale yesterday. The sale was so great and this fiber is so soft, plus I have never spun any fiber with yak...so how could I resist such a learning experience?   I had to buy some.
 
It was so soft and beautiful that once I separated it into two equal bumps today, I had to start spinning right away. Otherwise, I would have dreams about this fiber tonight and been frustrated that I didn't start spinning right away this afternoon.
Everything you have heard about the softness of yak is true. So very soft and I feel like I am spinning the single thinner than I normally spin, as the fiber slides softly from my fingers to the bobbin with just a whisper of movement. I may have to finish this fast, as I cannot wait to see (and feel) this yarn!

No comments: