Saturday, July 12, 2014

Dye Day at the Barn ~

When Jitteryknitter invited me to attend a dying class in Portland, well, of course I said yes. She makes everything an adventure, even grocery shopping! She is awesome like that. She didn't know the details of the class, just that we squeaked in before it was full.  Turns out, the dying event was with the rock star we know from our Sock Summit days, Tina of Blue Moon Fiber Arts, and the event was at their famous barn studio.  Well, now I was really excited!  Plus, we could knit during the drive except the driver (thanks Jan!).  Sweet!
Those that know me will know that when I saw these hanging from the barn's ceiling, I said, "I want those" and sadly they were made for a special order. One of the great helpers found me a skein of that Socks that Rock yarn, Sherbert, in the mill ends sale so I was able to have some neon on sale. Yes, this was turning out to be another perfect fiber day!  Here are pictures of our four color stars, working their magic on their yarn and fiber.
 
 
F1bercat has a very good description of our great day on her blog.  Here is how my fiber turned out - no neon here, just magenta, turquoise, yellow (not muddy yellow, Lisa) and green.
Not bad for a girl obsessed with neon and rainbows!  I can't wait to see how this spins up into yarn. The fiber is merino/superwash merino/silk and very soft.  Since I played with fiber today, I am counting this as part of my Tour de Fleece event!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so you don't consider any of those colors as neon!!! :)
what colors did the others use?
Must have been fun!

me said...

the colors I used were named Turquoise, Military Green, Sun Yellow and Magenta. No neon at all! Loved how the fiber turned out!