Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Color surprises ~

Now that my dyed silky merino is dry, I made a braid out of it to see how the colors would play together. They look lovely together, and I was so excited to see how this would spin that I started spinning as soon as I was done plying the Chicken Coop Fiber.
I think the dying and then the rinsing/spinning in the washing machine felted the fiber a bit, as I have to pull and fluff a bit before spinning.  So far there is more thick and thin bits in the single, as I need to pull and fluff even more before spinning.
More time to try this week!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey Ma!! Keep up the good work! I adore you, see you soon!!

Hannah

Torhild Reidardatter said...

dying yarn is so fun. Tried it years ago and I still have some products left. Had my hands on it the other day when packing stuff in boxes

me said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts! Torhild, you would be great at colors and dying and mixing! Plus you would have fun sharing the success with your students!

me said...

Hannah: Love hearing from you! Can't wait to see you!! xxoxoxo