Thursday, February 26, 2009

On her needles ~

During vacation, I read Vicki Square's article in the new Interweave Knits called "Start as Many New Projects as You Can," and her last sentence amazed me: "Knit anything and everything you want--and enjoy the scenery!" I had the delightful journey of looking through many "on the needles" of my great knitting friend who lives this casting on dream. As I held each and every piece of beautiful yarn and thought of the new pattern she used, I was starting to be twitchy as I wanted to finish each one....they were all so beautiful ~ lace scarves ~ alpaca scarves ~ socks out of pink delights~ socks out of boot wool ~ a hat out of Frog Tree ~ a sweater out of silky wool ~ so many chocolates to sample, so much inspiration in each bin and bag. I'm not sure I feel the need to finish up a project to its tidy ending..... when all those projects were singing a sirens' song of "play with me" in so many languages of silk, alpaca, wool and blends ~ lace, entralac and fair isle....So I will continue to live vicariously through her projects.... I wish I had some pictures of her great starts to share with you.....but here are her finished hats!

I need more projects on my needles!!!!

No comments: