Thursday, April 23, 2009

Interesting Knitting ~

Our neighbor came over this past weekend with yarn that she had made "finger knitting" and asked if I could knit it into a hat. I'd never heard of finger knitting, but she had a lot of this yarn in a big long tube. It was bigger than bulky weight, perhaps bulky on steroids. I knew I couldn't knit a hat with that bulky yarn as my needle collection doesn't include ginormous sizes... but I tried to cast on for a scarf, and it didn't look too bad. It will be a very warm & thick scarf. She's bringing me over a new color this week to knit into stripes. As she described how to "finger knit" she used the word "interesting" one hundred times, so I told her I would title this blog "interesting knitting"... and I did.... here are some pictures of the original tube of knitting, and then how it is knitting up.

No comments: