Saturday, December 31, 2011

Knitting buddies ~

There are others in our household that needed a few more days to finish Christmas gifts. Last night, I was presented with a hand made "knitting buddy" from my very talented sweetie. He made it out of maple, and it twirls on a roller blade wheel from his old pair that had been living in the attic. Very clever construction, and they sell for $40 in our local yarn shop. Lucky me to get a hand made one, and the promise of more to come! I thought it was a perfect reason to cast on another lovely knitting gift, Shibui sock yarn in the Zinnia colorway.
I cast on for the Trillian shawl, as it is written directions - not a chart as the original shawl I wanted to cast on... so someday I need to be more comfortable with charts... someday is not today...So far, this shawl looks lovely, and I have to remember to, "save 7% of the yarn" for the edging since I only have 400 yards, and not the 580 yards called for in the full shawl pattern. I think the zinnia yarn and the maple knitting buddy look like they are enjoying themselves!

No comments: