Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Spinning Silk ~

Now that I had success with spinning the merino, I've begun spinning a lovely blend of merino and tussah silk that I purchased from the Desert Charm shop in Sisters Oregon in 2010. I bought a 4 ounce bump for just $3.45 per ounce, so a great deal at $13.80 with no sales tax! The color is a lovely mango, and so pretty.In my first try, the spinning seems to be working out, although I still seem to have a bit more twist than needed....a tension problem?How could there be tension when working with merino silk that is so soft and beautiful!??Plus the color is so lovely! I love practicing with my sweet wheel and lovely fiber!

2 comments:

Alrischa said...

Look at the shine... sigh! It is a beautiful color.

kathy b said...

Oh that is a gorgeous color....