Saturday, May 12, 2012

Finally Finished ~

Hurrah!  The birthday socks are now cast off!  Just a week late, but still in the month of her birthday, so I think that counts as a wonderful and timely gift!  As she saw me casting off, I asked if I should wrap them for her. She said she would rather just have them now since they would not be a surprise. So, as the first one came off the needles, I handed it to her to be sure the cast off edge was stretchy enough. She tried it on and it was perfect.  She waited for me to cast off the second one, and I handed it over for her to try on, and it was perfect too... and I asked for them back so I could weave in the last cast off bit of yarn, and she said, "Nope, they are done now!!!"
 
I've not seen them off her feet since then!!!  Hurrah for kids that love their hand knits!!!

No comments: